Goooodly Morning Snazzyfans! Apologies for the late start, Mr Internet decided to take a long break last night so I couldn't post at the usual time! Anyways, better late than never I always say so here we are with the last DT post using the MDF Man's Cogs that we have all been working with this past month. Speaking of which - if you scroll back through all the recent posts, you can see the adorable art that the other girlies on the team have created. Also, if you click HERE you will be magically transported to the Snazzy's online store... and... if you click HERE you will be whizzed away to the first post of the month where you can leave a comment and be in with a chance of a spot prize!
So, a few days ago you saw the faux clock I made... and being as I lurves my flowers, I decided to go down the same route with this creation, only this time I used all Studio 490 flowers and leaves - did you know Snazzy's has an amazing collection of Studio 490? No? Click HERE to see it all in its glory! I started out by painting the base cogs with Mushroom paint, I applied it all over with a brush and then once dried, I used the same brush (now quite dry) to add a bit of texture with sweeping strokes across the cogs.
Next I applied Vintage Photo DI around the edges of the cogs - because the Mushroom paint is acrylic, it has a bit of a chalkiness to it... which meant the Distress Ink was lovely and muted, just the ticket! Next I used some Studio 490 Stencils for Art and applied Tumbled Glass DI over the diamond pattern... a quick zap with a heat tool to set the ink and then applied Iced Spruce DI over the long liney pattern stencil, ensuring I didn't cover the entire cog face. Once these had been dried off, I used Cosmic Shimmer Glue to stick the Cogs together so when this piece was finished it became a wall hanging.
Now to the happy place of stamping out some Studio 490 flowers and leaves onto pretty patterned papers. I could have used Grungepaper but I wanted to keep the light pretty feel of the piece so double sided papers were perfect. Once stamped, in Coffee Archival for the flowers and Olive Archival for the leaves, I cut them all out. Next came the tidying up bit, were I edged all the flowers with Tumbled Glass DI - this gets rid of any nasty white cut bits... and Forest Moss DI for the leaves.
Finally, I assembled them onto the cogs and added some butterflies and my fave bits... Embellish Your Art, the ickle resin delights from the Studio 490 range. The letters making the words are Idea-ology Alpha Parts that I jazzed up a bit with some gilding wax. And there you have it. A pretty was to use a quite masculine object. Do pop back on Monday BTW because Gillian will be here with the brand new DT kit we are playing with next month... ohhhlalalaaa.. are you in for a treat! Thanks for looking... have a great day! TTFN