Monday 16 December 2013

Graphic45 and me -

i have to fully admit that Graphic45 is one of my favourite lines of paper.. not that i use paper because as a rule now a days i don't but i have to say that of ALL the paper lines out there Graphic45 is my favourite by smell alone!!!

so with that said let me get started on the first of three projects that i have completed in the last couple of weeks to share with you.

i am a big believer in using what you have so i started with an empty cheese container, the package of Graphic45 papers, and a pair of scissors (tim holtz scissors but of course!)
added a bit of glue:


a bit of sanding and a bit of paint:

next i mixed a bit of Tim Holtz paint and wendy vecchi embossing paste and using a prima brick mask created the outside of the container...


now it was a little too messy (i know!!) for me so added a tad bit of paint to calm it down.













and ended up creating this:



a little mini book inside the once ready for the recycle bin container!! i had so much fun...i wasn't sure what was next but before too long i was creating again...you can see the sneak peak in the background of this photo!!

have you had a chance this month to check out the other design team members to see what they have created...you will want to perhaps leave a comment on each.. just saying...

i will be back on Wednesday!!
diana






7 comments:

Rita said...

Wow. How fabulous does the finished box look too. TFS. Hugs Rita xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

How ingenious is this using even the borders from the papers to cover the box.Can't wait for Wednesday xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh wowzer, Diana, this is fab! I am a great fan of using up packaging and you have made such an imaginative project. You would laugh at my desk - I made so many things with this paper line that I haven't ended up putting on here! So addictive!

Lucy x

Maryann Laursen said...

First I´m a really huge lover of G45 papers too and admit, I´m a really big user of it all the time he he.
Next I´ll say this is absolutely amazing and what an awesome idea. I´ve also often used cheesecontainers to alter, but definitely NEVER anything like this, but I might give it a try sometime soon, as I love how it turned out he he.

Minxy said...

I've altered many a cheese box but none quite like this, a grand job done xo

Unknown said...

Wow, who would have thought a recycled cheese box could look so good!!! Great job Diana!

Caroline said...

I am a huge fan of g45 pprs, however, admittedly I do 'store/hoard' them, lol. Know what you mean about smell too....
Anyway... A fab idea for using recycling material. Not sure how you got all the separate 'pages' but look cool :)