Thursday 5 December 2013

Graphic 45 DT Project #2 by Claire

Hi Snazzy fans!

I'm back today to share my second design team project with the Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas collection.

Here is a Tando Triple Arched Layered Frame that I altered using the Twelve Days of Christmas papers:


I started by painting the frames using Paperartsy Fresco paint in Tinned Peas.  I then gave the top frame a coat of their Crackle Glaze, let that dry then added Fresco French Roast and Irish Cream and let the paint crack.


I cut sections from the Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas 8x8 pad to fit the three frames and added them using multi medium. I stuck the layered frames together and finished off the sides and back of the frame with Treasure Gold Renaissance gilding wax.
I then added Treasure Gold gilding wax in Renaissance and White Fire to the front Tando frame with my finger to give it that really luxurious finish.

I fussy cut the partridge, goose, piper and maid from the same 8x8 paper pad.
To finish I added the fussy cut images to the frame along the front. 

Thanks for joining me at Snazzy's this week - make sure you pop back next week to see the what Lucy has been up to with the kit!

8 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Really stunning and great use of those pretty papers! Love how you added the fussycut figures to the front and the treatment of the frame is lovely too!

snazzyoriginal said...

Very stylish, love the crackle frame xx

Maryann Laursen said...

This is really gorgeous, a beautiful project.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely stunning, Claire! This would be such a wonderful home decor item for a mantelpiece. I love how you have used the kit and it works so well with the arches. Gorgeous!

Lucy x

Julia S-W said...

Love the crackled frame in particular. I'm in admiration of your 'fussy cutting'! Those cut outs looks so pretty on your project.
Juliaxx

Julie Lee said...

This has a lovely, old world look. It's really so pretty and I love the effect of the Crackle on the frames. Julie Ann xx

Minxy said...

What a pretty project, love the cut outs, really finishes it nicely xo

Unknown said...

Beautiful project from a beautiful Christmas line!!!