Monday, 28 May 2012

Snazzys Design Team Project #1 by Astrid Featuring PanPastels

Hello everyone and welcome to our last week of showcasing the wonderful Pan Pastels. Before starting to show you my project I just want to remind you that if you would like a chance to win some of these pastels, make sure to leave a comment on this post


 Well, here is what I created:
It is a little holder for all off my pens, that normally just fly around my desk. I started by creating some papers to cover a humble toilet roll and a backing piece and of course I used the pastels to colour them.
I only have 5 of the pastel colours and for this project I used  all 5 of them: Titanium White, Hansa Yellow, Phtalo Blue Shade, Permanent Red Shade  and Sienna Brown Shade.


I used papers from the Kaisercraft 6.5 x 6.5 Vintage Timeless collection and started by giving the edges a light coating with Burnt Sienna Shade and  then used one of my die cuts as a stencil to give it some definition. As you can see from the photo I cut some slits around the bottom edge to fit it round the toilet roll.. Next I cut a backing  from Kraft Card and covered  it with  another bit of my coloured and stencilled paper. The next step was to cut a base with two of my die cuts out Kraft card. I coloured them with a mix of the Hansa Yellow and the Blue Shade to create green, I then cut a last bit of paper and this time, after covering it with some of the Sienna Brown, stencilled through a cup cake holder (purchased at my local super market). I love how the pastels give beautiful subtle patterns when using them through stencils.


Finally I created my various embellishments by diecutting them with my dies out of vanilla card stock and colouring them with the pastels. Red and white for the pink flowers, blue and yellow with some white to make it a lighter shade, for the green leaves and the border around the bottom of the toilet roll. As a finishing touch I inked along the edges of the flowers with some Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the edges of the leaves with Pine Needles Distress Ink. The butterfly is a stamp from my stash which I cut out and coloured with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I also added a little Diamond Stickles to the flowers to add a bit of sparkle.
Here you can see the finished project with my pens in it.