Monday, 10 October 2011

DT Project By Lesley Ebdon Featuring Kaisercraft ....

Hello Everyone,

Wow, the months are flying by aren't they? I can't believe we're into a 3rd month of projects for you on the Snazzy DT Blog and today it's my turn to show you what I've been up to. I have to confess I was a little daunted by the filmstrip frame when I first saw it but within minutes of making a start I was thoroughly enjoying myself and can now see lots more possibilities for this 'little bit different' frame.

First of all I covered all the exposed areas of the two MDF layers with Studio Traditional Tan acrylic paint and then on the top layer I followed this with Eco Green Blue Patina acrylic paint brushed on very roughly and rubbed over with a wet wipe to make it even more patchy. I then inked the border stamp from the Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble stamp set with Coffee Archival ink and removed some of the ink in patches (did you get the impression I like 'patchy' lol) with kitchen towel before stamping it randomly down both sides of the top layer of the frame.

I chose a decorative strip of paper from one of the 12" x 12" sheets, cut it in half lengthways and again stamped the border with Coffee Archival ink but this time I inked the stamp properly and stamped straight so that the image would show through the holes in the top layer. I adhered the strips to the bottom layer of the frame with Claudine Hellmuth's multi-matte medium.

I found a pretty image (free download from a crafting buddy) in my stash and carefully positioned this on the bottom layer of the frame so that it would show in the middle aperture before adhering with Claudine Hellmuth multi matte medium.
I chose two sections of paper from the Velvet Ensemble Collection and overstamped the gramophone and camera using the Coffee Archival again and also the Claudine Hellmuth multi matte medium to adhere these in postion on the bottom layer of the frame.

I stamped the word Vintage onto a scrap of the paper and placed this under the ornate bookplate before adhering this to the frame with Glossy Accents. I stuck some braid from my stash around the middle aperture, found some paper roses I had made a while ago and some punched leaf sprays left over from another project which I thought co-ordinated pretty well (feels good when you use up stuff you've been hoarding, lol) and arranged these on the frame and finally I cut the butterflies from the Velvet papers using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix butterflies die. I touched the edges of the wings and painted the bodies with the Eco Green Blue Patina and then layered them and adhered them to the frame just by the bodies so that the wings could be lifted.

Well that's my little bit of inspiration for today. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it. As always the main products I have used are available from Snazzys.

See you again soon.
Lesley (Craftymamma) Xx